I have been thinking about this lately. It could be the series at church that is sparking the interest… could be that Chili burger from Ross’. No. It’s got to be the series….
I mentioned in my Men’s Journey Group the other day about spiritually leading our children and being the dad’s God intends for us to be. There are also children out there who don’t have a spiritual leader in their home who loves Jesus. I’ve been thinking about that. I’ve been thinking about how important it is to be looking out for our children’s friends too.
When your kids or your kids friends are 40 who is it that they are going to say spiritually mentored them? Are you spiritually fit to lead your children or others? Is it you who will step up to the call? I hope so!
Below are some statistics I received from Don Miller from the Belmount Foundation.
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes. (U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)
- 75% of adolescents patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes. (Rainbows for all God’s Children)
- 70% of juveniles in state operated insitutions have no fathers. (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report)
- 85% of youth in prison had no fathers at home. (Fulton Co. Georgia jail population, Texas Dept. of Correction)
- 90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. (U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)
- 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (National Principal Association Report on the State of High Schools)