So, what did this 4 day work-week have to offer?
At the forefront of my mind are two people I have been praying for – Sarah M. and Cody M. They both go to my church. They are brother and sister in-laws. God has given me the pleasure to pray for them as they, “Go into all the world…”
- Sarah is a teenage girl heading to Mexico on a mission trip. I have been praying for her as she prepares. Today she is making her way to Mexico. I am asking God to strengthen her, equip her, and to deepen her “well of knowledge” of God so that when others draw from her well they will drink pure water straight from the Father.
- Cody is a young man preparing to go to India this Fall. I’m asking God to provide all the financial resources he needs for this trip. Also, that He will begin to give Cody a vision for the people so that while he is there he will literally see what God has shown him now. God is at work in his life. I know Cody and his family will never be the same moving forward. I am proud of his faith to follow the Lord in this manner!
In everything God brought me to this week – it all had to do with praying.
- Praying to the Lord of the harvest to send forth workers into His field.
- Staying alert… not falling asleep. It’s hard to fall asleep when one can’t sleep. I didn’t sleep last night once again. I was up at 12:20 until 2:30. I didn’t sleep but I was not alert… I flipped channels but mainly watched the Speed Channel. Last night was a missed opportunity. (Although, I enjoyed getting caught up on all the Hendrick Motor Sports news… Go Mark Martin in the #5 for 2009!)
- Pray to know the Lord. Brad (my pastor) said this back on June 22. “I’m sick of boxes to check and prayers to pray – I just want to live with You.”
This is what the LORD says: “Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:23-24, NIV).