- full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing: We have every confidence in their ability to succeed.
- belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance: His lack of confidence defeated him.
Well that’s the definition. But where does it really come from. I have been reading through the New Testament seeing how this word is used, etc. I’m amazed at the confidence that some people exhibit in their lives through faith, job, and relationships.
- Where does confidence come from?
- How does one grow in confidence?
- What is the core substance of confidence?