While reading in The Message this morning, there are three verses that stand out to me:
- Grace and peace to you many times over as you deepen in your experience with God and Jesus, our Master (2 Peter 1:2).
- Jesus resplendent with light from God the Father as the voice of Majestic Glory spoke: “This is my Son, marked by my love, focus of all my delight.” (2 Peter 1:17).
- The main thing to keep in mind here is that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of private opinion. And why? Because it’s not something concocted in the human heart. Prophecy resulted when the Holy Spirit prompted men and women to speak God’s Word. (2 Peter 1:20-21).
If we are to “Rise to the Occasion…“, we must have these three truths found in 2 Peter evident in our lives from the inside out:
- We must be deepening in our experience with God and Jesus.
- We must be marked by God’s love.
- We must speak when prompted by the Holy Spirit. Not holding back but speaking God’s Message with love and grace.
I love these two words used together, “inside out”. Our lives are hungry… There is a deepening desire within us all to be changed from the inside out. There is a hunger that can only be fulfilled by God’s love and grace found in Jesus.
As I read 2 Peter this morning, I was reminded of the ways sin tries to destroy us and to keep us focused on feeding those desires of our flesh. The Holy Spirit comes and changes us from the inside out. I didn’t realize this until someone took the time to speak God’s love to me with love and grace. Are you making the most of every opportunity?
As you go through this day and the rest of this week ask yourself:
- Am I deepening in my experience with Jesus?
- Is my life being marked by God’s love?
- How can I be used by the Holy Spirit to speak of God’s love and grace with words and actions?